REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Have a helper present when removing the sunroof assembly. Cover the entire area with well-padded blankets to prevent damage to the painted surfaces. This assembly is heavy and could cause damage if not removed carefully.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Use blankets to protect the painted surfaces around the sunroof opening. Open the glass panel.
- Remove the air deflector by removing screws and unsnapping from the side tracks.
- Tape over the exposed ends of the cable to prevent drilling shavings from entering track.
- Drill out the 12 rivets securing the track to the sunroof housing. Remove all traces of drilling shavings.
- Close the glass panel.
- Partially lower the headliner to gain access to the motor.
- Remove the attaching screws and lower the motor.
- With the aid of an assistant, lift and slide the entire sunroof assembly from the car. When removing, be sure that the halo trough at rear clears the roof opening.
- Disassembles as required. If cable replacement is necessary, replace only in sets.
- Assemble, including installing the sunshade to the track.