REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Have a helper present when removing the sunroof assembly. Cover the entire area with well-padded blankets to prevent damage to the painted surfaces. This assembly is heavy and could cause damage if not removed carefully.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Use blankets to protect the painted surfaces around the sunroof opening. Open the glass panel.
- Remove the air deflector by removing screws and unsnapping from the side tracks.
- Tape over the exposed ends of the cable to prevent drilling shavings from entering track.
- Drill out the 12 rivets securing the track to the sunroof housing. Remove all traces of drilling shavings.
- Close the glass panel.
- Partially lower the headliner to gain access to the motor.
- Remove the attaching screws and lower the motor.
- With the aid of an assistant, lift and slide the entire sunroof assembly from the car. When removing, be sure that the halo trough at rear clears the roof opening.
- Disassembles as required. If cable replacement is necessary, replace only in sets.
- Assemble, including installing the sunshade to the track.
- With the aid of an assistant, lower and slide into the roof opening.
- Synchronize the motor and track. See below. Install the motor to the track.
- Open the glass panel. Using 3 / 16 inch rivets, secure the track to the sunroof. Adjust the glass height. See below.
- Install the air deflector.
- Secure the headliner.
- Remove the protective blankets. Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the dome and map light housings.
- Remove the lace from the front of the sunroof and lower the headliner.
- Remove the motor securing screws and lower the motor.
- Pull the relay from the bracket, disconnect the connector, and remove the motor.
- Remove the bracket from the motor.
- Assemble bracket to motor.
- Check for synchronization. See below.
- Position the motor to the track and install retaining screws.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Install the headliner, lace, and lights.
- With the glass in the closed position, remove the 3 screws securing the motor to the track.
- Release the gear synchronizing lever from the notch on the motor casting, and rotate the lever in the direction of the arrow on the casting. The cams should turn freely when the lever is released. Rotate the lever farther if not free.
- Manually rotate the small cam using a 4mm hex wrench until the aligning mark (hole in large cam) is aligned with the centerline drawn through the shafts of the cams.
- Return the lever to its notched position.
- Align the lifter arms with the track slots.
- Install 4mm hex wrench into guidance ramp hole.
- Line up wrench with the slot in the deflector arm mounting bracket.
Adjust one side of the glass at a time.
- Open the glass panel.
- Unsnap the deflector arms from the side tracks.
- Position glass and slide the sunshade fully rearward.
- Remove 3 screws from the front edge of the halo and slide the halo fully rearward.
- Loosen 3 adjustment screws on each side of the glass. Adjust glass height so that the front of the glass is 3 / 64 inch below flush with roof and the rear of the glass is 3 / 64 inch above flush with roof. To adjust the front corner, loosen the front and center screws only; to adjust the rear corner, loosen the rear and center screws only.
- The 6 attaching screw also allow for minimal for and aft adjustment to obtain the proper gap between the seal and the roof. Adjust to the following:
- Entire opening of glass panel seal-to-roof opening: just touching
- Rear glass panel seal-to-roof opening: 0.020 inch (0.508mm)
- Install the halo and deflector.