- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Thoroughly clean and dry the area around the filler tube.
- Remove the bolt that retains the tube bracket to the case.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Twist the tube assembly as needed to loosen, and remove from the case. Discard the seal.
- Install a new seal to the case.
- Being careful to avoid damaging the seal, install the tube through the seal and into the case.
- Lower the vehicle. Install the retaining bolt and torque to 100 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable. Run the engine and check for leaks.