REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Position a jackstand under the engine cradle and lower the vehicle so the weight of the vehicle rests on the jackstand and not the control arms.
- Remove the wheel, caliper, caliper support, and rotor.
- Separate the hub from the halfshaft as shown.
- Remove the hub and bearing retaining bolts. Pull the assembly out and disconnect the wheel speed sensor connector if equipped with abs. Remove the shield, hub and bearing assembly, and O-ring if equipped.
- If removing the knuckle, disconnect the ball joint from the steering knuckle, using the proper tool.
- Remove the halfshaft assembly. In order to get the front alignment close when installing, matchmark the strut to the knuckle prior to removal. Then remove the strut-to-steering knuckle bolts and remove the knuckle. Remove the seal if equipped.
The hub and bearing assembly is replaced only as an assembly.
- Install a new hub and bearing seal in the steering knuckle with the proper seal installer tool. Install the steering knuckle to the strut.
- Install the halfshaft.
- Connect the ball joint to the steering knuckle.
- Install the O-ring. Connect the abs connector, install the shield, and hub and bearing assembly. Install the hub and bearing retaining bolts and tighten to 75 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the rotor and caliper assembly.
- Install the shaft washer and nut. Tighten the nut to 180 ft. lbs. (244 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Have the vehicle's alignment professionally set.