REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and disarm the Air Bag system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On Ninety-Eight models, remove the center instrument panel trim plate.
- On 1990 Electra/Park Avenue, pry out the trim plate, then remove the bezel around the control panel.
- On 1991-93 Park Avenue, pry out the lower instrument panel trim plates and unsnap the air vent deflectors. Then remove the glove box and large trim plate.
- Remove the control panel retaining screws, pull the panel out, label and disconnect all connections and cables, then remove.
- Make connections and install the control panel. Secure with attaching screws.
- Check the climate control system for proper operation.
- Install previously removed instrument panel pieces.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and arm the Air Bag system.