REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Review the list under Useful Notes, above.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Use an 18mm box end wrench on the serpentine belt tensioner pulley bolt, rotate counterclockwise, and remove the belt.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely. Remove the splash shield and disconnect the electrical connectors from the compressor.
- Slowly remove the retaining bolt from the refrigerant lines, and disconnect the lines.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts and remove the compressor.
- Install the compressor to the bracket and install the bolts. Torque the front bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and the rear bolt to 20 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the refrigerant lines, using new seals lubricated with refrigerant oil.
- Connect the electrical connectors and install the splash shield.
- Install the serpentine belt.
- Evacuate, recharge, and leak test the air conditioning system.
- Connect the negative battery cable, and check the climate control system for proper operation.