REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Review the list under Useful Notes, above. Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and disarm the Air Bag system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system.
- Remove the bolt that attaches the line to the compressor, or separate the taper fittings using a backup wrench.
Cap the refrigerant lines when opening the system to prevent the entry of dirt and moisture and the loss of refrigerant lubricant.
- Remove the retaining strap or bracket.
- Remove the refrigerant line from the engine compartment and discard the O-rings.
- Lubricate new seals with refrigerant oil and install to the line. Install the line to the air conditioning components and tighten the fitting or bolt.
- Install all items that were removed during the removal procedure.
- Evacuate, recharge, and leak test the air conditioning system. Add 1 oz. of refrigerant oil during the recharge.
- Refer to the Air Bag section at the beginning of this Section, and arm the Air Bag system.