Brake shoes contain asbestos, which has been determined to be a cancer-causing agent. Never clean the brake surfaces with compressed air! Avoid inhaling any dust from any brake surface! The first step in brake repairs should be cleaning brake surfaces, using a commercially available brake cleaning fluid.
- Follow all precautions in and disable the Air Bag system. Release the handle cable at the lever assembly.
- Remove the front parking brake cable and casting at control assembly after removing the retaining clip.
- Remove control assembly retaining screws.
- Remove the control assembly.
- Install the assembly.
- Connect the parking brake cable casting at the control assembly.
- Install the cable retaining clip.
- Install the release handle cable at lever assembly.
- Check rear brake shoe adjustment and then adjust the parking brake cable. Enable the Air Bag system.