REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake drum from the vehicle. Disconnect the abs sensor wiring.
- Remove the hub and bearing retaining bolts from the axle, and remove the hub and bearing assembly. The hub and bearing assembly is replaced only as an assembly.
The bolts that attach the hub and bearing assembly also support the brake assembly. Do not let the brake line support the brake assembly.
- If removing the knuckle, disconnect the ball joint and adjusting link, then remove the strut-to-knuckle bolts and remove the knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle to the strut.
- Tighten the nuts to 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm).
- Connect the ball joint to the steering knuckle. Tighten the castellated nut to at least 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm). Tighten farther, if necessary, to align the nut slots with the hole in the stud, then install a new cotter pin.
- Connect the link assembly to the knuckle. Install the castellated nut and tighten to at least 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm). Tighten farther, if necessary, to align the nut slots with the hole in the stud, then install a new cotter pin.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly to the axle. Tighten the hub and bearing bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (71 Nm). Connect the abs sensor wiring.
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.