REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Relieve fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the decorative cover.
- Remove the injector electrical connections. Remove the fuel rail assembly.
- Remove the injector retaining clip. Separate the injector from the fuel rail.
- Remove both injector seals from the injector and discard.
- Prior to installing the injectors, coat the new injector O-ring seals with clean engine oil. Install the seals on the injector assembly.
- Use new injector retainer clips on the injector assembly. Position the open end of the clip facing the injector electrical connector.
- Install the injector into the fuel rail injector socket with the electrical connectors facing outward. Push the injector in firmly until it engages with the retainer clip locking it in place.
- Install the fuel rail and injector assembly. Install the decorative cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable, energize the fuel pump, and check for fuel leaks. To accomplish this safely, apply battery voltage to the fuel pump prime connector located at the right front corner of the engine compartment, between the battery and the horn. The connector is a single-terminal type with a gray wire in 1990 and a red wire in later years.