REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Relieve fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Clean dirt and grease from the regulator retaining ring.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator.
- Remove the snapring from the regulator. Wrap a towel around the regulator to catch any fuel that may escape.
- Lift and twist the regulator and remove it from the fuel rail assembly.
- Cover all openings with masking tape to prevent dirt entry.
- Prior to installing the regulator, lubricate the O-ring with engine oil. Install new O-ring seals onto the regulator.
- Install the regulator into the regulator housing, and install the snapring.
- Connect the vacuum line to the regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Connect the negative battery cable, energize the fuel pump, and check for fuel leaks. To accomplish this safely, apply battery voltage to the fuel pump prime connector located at the right front corner of the engine compartment, between the battery and the horn. The connector is a single-terminal type with a gray wire in 1990 and a red wire in later years.