REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the iac valve.
- Remove the iac attaching screws and remove the iac.
Before installing the new iac valve, measure the distance that the valve is extended. Measurement should be made from the motor housing to the end of the cone. Distance should be no greater than 1 1 / 8 (28mm). If the cone is extended too far, adjustment is required or damage may occur to the valve when installed. To adjust, manually compress the pintle with your hand to achieve the correct length.
- Use a new O-ring on the iac and install the iac.
- Install the iac attaching screws and tighten to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the iac valve.
- Start the engine and allow the engine to reach operating temperature.
- The ecm will reset the iac, whenever the ignition switch is turned on and then off .