REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- To ease removal of the oxygen sensor and prevent thread damage, run the engine for a short time to heat up the exhaust system. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Carefully back out the oxygen sensor. Do not use solvents to clean the sensor. If the sensor is dropped, it should be replaced.
- Coat the threads of the oxygen sensor with anti-seize compound.
- Carefully thread the sensor on by hand and tighten with a wrench.
- Connect the connector.