REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the tps.
- Remove the tps attaching screws and remove the tps.
- Position the throttle valve in the normal closed idle position, and install the tps on the throttle body assembly, making sure the tps pickup lever is located above the tang on the throttle actuator lever.
- Install the tps retainer and attaching screws using a thread locking compound on the screws. Loctite® 262 or equivalent should be used. Do not tighten the attaching screw until the tps is adjusted.
- With the tps attaching screws loose, install 3 jumper wires between tps and harness connector.
- With the ignition switch on , use a digital voltmeter connected to terminals B and C and adjust tps to obtain 0.40-0.05 volts.
- Tighten the attaching screws, then recheck reading to ensure the adjustment has not changed.
If the tps is being adjusted only, remove screws, add thread locking compound (Loctite® or equivalent), then reinstall the screws.
- With the ignition switch off , remove the jumper wires and connect the harness to the tps.
With scan tool
The following check should be performed only when the throttle body or tps has been replaced.
- Use a suitable scan tool to read the tps voltage.
- With the ignition switch on and the engine off , the tps voltage should be less than 1.25 volts.
- If the voltage reading is higher than specified, replace the throttle position sensor.