REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
If the vehicle is not equipped with an air bag, skip Steps 1 and 2 and simply disconnect the negative battery cable. Also, disregard all instructions below related to air bags.
- Follow all precautions above listed under `steering.'
- Follow instructions above listed under `disarming,' and disarm the sir system.
- Remove the turn signal switch assembly.
- Remove the key from the lock cylinder. Remove the buzzer switch and clip.
- Reinsert the key into the lock cylinder and turn it to the lock position.
- Remove the cylinder lock-to-steering column screw and the lock set. Disconnect the pass key connector if equipped.
- Install the lock cylinder, connect the pass key connector, and tighten the lock-to-steering column screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
- Position the key in the run position and reverse the removal procedures.
- Install the turn signal switch.
- If equipped with an air bag, follow instructions above listed under `arming,' and arm the sir system, otherwise simply connect the negative battery cable.