REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the cotter pin and loosen the jam nut from the outer tie rod end.
- Disconnect the outer tie rod end from the steering knuckle, using a taper breaker.
- Matchmark the threads and unscrew the outer tie rod end from the inner tie rod. Remove the tie rod end.
- Install the tie rod end to the matchmarks on the inner tie rod. Tighten the hex nut to 35-45 ft. lbs. (47-61 Nm).
- Connect the outer tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
- Tighten the jam nut on the outer tie rod end to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm). Tighten as needed in order to install a new cotter pin.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Have the toe professionally set if desired.