REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the serpentine drive belt and disconnect the pressure and return hoses.
- Position the pulley so the bolts can be removed through the hose. Remove the power steering pump mounting bolts through the holes.
- Remove the pump assembly. Transfer the pulley as necessary.
- Install the pump assembly.
- Remove the power steering pump mounting bolts.
- Remove the drive belt and disconnect the pressure and return hoses.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Install the serpentine drive belt and bleed the power steering system. The serpentine is self adjusting within the tensioner operating limits.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Fill the fluid reservoir.
- Bleed the system by turning the wheels from side to side, without reaching the stop at either end. Keep the fluid level at the full cold mark. Continue this until the air is eliminated from the fluid.
- Start the engine and run at fast idle. Recheck the fluid level.
- Return the wheels to the center position and lower the vehicle.
- Recheck the fluid level.