REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the accumulator.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the pressure switch and the electric motor. Remove the fluid from the reservoir.
Do not remove brake fluid from the reservoir using a syringe or other instrument which is contaminated with water, petroleum based fluids or any other foreign material. Contamination of the brake fluid may result in impaired system operation, property damage or personal injury.
- Remove the hydraulic accumulator and O-ring.
- Disconnect the high pressure hose fitting connected to the pump.
- Remove the pressure hose assembly and O-rings.
- Disconnect the wire clip then, pull the return hose fitting out of the pump body.
- Remove the bolt attaching the pump and motor assembly to the main body.
- Remove the pump and motor assembly by sliding it off of the locating pin. Replace the insulators if damaged or deteriorated.
- To install, position the pump and motor assembly to the main body.
- Install the bolt attaching the pump and motor assembly to the main body.
- Connect the pressure hose assembly.
- Connect the return hose and fitting into the pump body. Install the wire clip.
- Install the bolt, O-rings and fitting of the high pressure hose to the pump assembly.
- Connect the electrical connector to the pump motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.