REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- With the ignition off disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the accumulator.
- Drain or remove the brake fluid from the reservoir.
- Refer to item #3 in Fig. 39. Disconnect the electrical harness running to the valve block.
- It may be necessary on some models to disconnect the brake lines from the bottom of the valve block.
- At the valve block, remove the 3 nuts or 2 nuts and 1 bolt with hex faces only. Remove the valve block assembly and O-rings by sliding the valve block off of the studs. Recover any O-rings or gaskets from the mounting points and/or the fluid line ports.
Do not attempt to disassemble the valve block by removing the bolts with the recessed drive heads; the unit cannot be overhauled or repaired.
- Lubricate the O-rings with brake fluid.
- Install the valve block and O-rings onto the master cylinder body.
- Install the 3 nuts or 2 nuts and 1 bolt; tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the brake lines to the bottom of the valve block if they were removed.
- Reinstall the hydraulic unit if it was removed.
- Connect the wiring harnesses.
- Refill the system or reservoir to the correct level.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system.