REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The fluid level sensor is integrated with the master cylinder reservoir. If the sensor fails, the reservoir must be replaced.
- Disconnect the electrical harness at the reservoir connector.
- Loosen or relocate the clamp on the reservoir hose.
- Disconnect the hose from the reservoir. Catch escaping fluid in a clean container; plug the hose with a 5 / 8 inch (15.5mm) diameter plug.
- Carefully tap the slotted spring pins (roll pins) until they are clear of the reservoir.
- Remove the reservoir from the master cylinder.
- Remove the reservoir seals from the master cylinder. Take careful note of the position or orientation of the seals.
- Fit new seals to the master cylinder. Lubricate the new seals with clean brake fluid. Make certain the seals are correctly installed.
- Clean the reservoir and ports with denatured alcohol. Install the reservoir onto the master cylinder.
- Tap the slotted spring pins into place to hold the reservoir.
- Connect the hose to the reservoir and secure the clamp.
- connect the master cylinder reservoir wiring connector to the harness.
- Fill the reservoir with clean, fresh brake fluid.
- Bleed the brake system.