See Figure 1
Turbo Hydra-Matic 400 transmissions are equipped with an electrical detent, or downshift switch operated by the throttle linkage.
- Place the carburetor lever in the wide open position.
- Position the automatic choke so that it is off.
- Fully depress the switch plunger.
- Adjust the switch mounting to obtain a distance of 0.05 in. between the switch plunger and the throttle lever paddle.
- Pull the detent switch driver rearward until the hole in the switch body aligns with the hole in the driver. Insert a 0.092 in. diameter pin through the aligned holes to hold the driver in position.
- Loosen the mounting bolt.
- Press the switch plunger as far forward as possible. This will preset the switch for adjustment, which will occur on the first application of wide open throttle.
- Tighten the mounting bolt and remove the pin.