ADJUSTMENT Powerglide 1967-73 6-Cylinder Engines
See Figure 1
- Depress the accelerator pedal.
- The bell crank on 6-cylinder engines must be at the wide open throttle position.
- The dash lever at the firewall must be 1 / 64 - 1 / 16 in. off its lever stop.
- The transmission lever must be against the transmission internal stop.
- Adjust the linkage to simultaneously obtain the conditions in steps 1-4.
Powerglide 1967-73 8-Cylinder Engines
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the accelerator linkage at the carburetor.
- Disconnect both return springs.
- Pull the throttle valve upper rod forward until the transmission is through the detent.
- Open the carburetor to the wide open throttle position. Adjust the swivel on the end of the upper throttle valve rod so that the carburetor reaches wide open throttle position at the same time that the ball stud contacts the end of the slot in the upper throttle valve rod. A tolerance of 1 / 32 in. is allowable.