REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 230 and 250 Engines
Exhaust manifold removal for these model years is covered in the Intake Manifold Removal and Installation procedure earlier in this section.
See Figure 1
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the power steering and air pump brackets.
- Remove the EFE valve bracket.
- Disconnect the throttle linkage and return spring.
- Unbolt the exhaust pipe from the flange.
- Unbolt and remove the manifold.
- Reverse the procedure for installation. Tighten the four end-bolts to specifications last.
231, 265, 301, 305, 326, 350, 400, 403 and 455 Engines1967-74 Models
See Figures 2 through 7