REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle on jackstands.
- Spray all fasteners, which are to be removed, with penetrating oil to aid with removal.
- Remove the exhaust manifold-to-front pipe connecting bolts and nuts.
- Remove the U-bolt nuts on the front pipe at the muffler connection.
- Remove the U-bolt clamps from the front pipe.
- Disconnect the pipe from the muffler and remove it from the floor of the vehicle.
Separating exhaust pipes from one another or from a component, such as the muffler, can be very difficult. Patience and the proper exhaust service tools, such as cut-off wheels and torches, are a great advantage when working with these parts.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure to position the front pipe properly BEFORE tightening any clamp nuts. Also make certain to tighten the U-bolt clamp nuts and the exhaust manifold-to-pipe nuts and bolts evenly and securely to prevent exhaust leaks.