REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Using a scratch awl or white paint, outline the hinge onto the hood. If equipped with a hood light, detach the electrical connector.
- Using an assistant to support the hood, remove the hinge-to-hood bolts. Remove the hood.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Check the hood alignment with the hood latch.
When aligning the hood and the latch, align the hood first, then the latch.
See Figures 7 and 8
The hood hinge-to-body mount is slotted to provide forward and rearward movement. Adjust the hood so that it is flush with the body sheet metal.
- Using a scratch awl or white paint, mark the hinge outline onto the hood.
- Loosen the appropriate screws and shift the hood into proper alignment with the vehicle's sheet metal.
- After adjustment, tighten the appropriate bolts.
See Figure 9
The hood latch assembly is mounted on a plate with elongated holes, which allow vertical adjustment.
The striker, on the hood, adjusts laterally to align with the hood latch assembly.