REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Remove the shock absorber. Disconnect the stabilizer bar.
- Support the car at the frame so the control arms hang free.
- Support the inner end of the control arm with a floor jack. (Dealers have a device that cradles the inner bushings).
- Raise the jack enough to take the tension off the lower control arm pivot bolts.
- Chain the spring to the lower control arm.
- Remove first the rear, then the front pivot bolt.
- Cautiously lower the jack until all spring tension is released.
- Note the way in which the spring is installed in relation to the drain holes on the control arm and remove it.
- On installation, position the spring in the control arm and raise it into place.
- Install the pivot bolts and tighten the nuts to 100 ft. lbs. for all 1974 and later models. Tighten all models through 1973 to 85 ft. lbs.
- Replace the shock absorber and stabilizer bar.