See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the meter wire at the rear wiring harness connector.
- Push out the grommet and pull the wire through the hole in the trunk floor pan.
- Raise the car and drain the tank. There are no drain plugs, so siphoning is necessary. On 1970 and later cars, the filler neck is too long for siphoning, so fuel will have to be siphoned or pumped out through the fuel feed line.
- Disconnect the fuel line hose from the gauge unit pick-up line. Disconnect the vapor return hose on 1971 and later models.
- Remove the gauge ground wire screw from the floor pan.
- Remove the tank strap bolts and carefully lower the tank.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.