REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1967-68 Models
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lock cylinder by positioning the switch in the ACCESSORY position and inserting a piece of wire in the hole in the cylinder face. Push in on the wire and turn the key counterclockwise to remove the cylinder.
- Remove the bezel nut and pull out the ignition switch.
- Unsnap the locking tangs on the connector with a pry tool or punch. Unplug the connector.
- Reverse the removal procedure to install the switch.
All Firebirds made in 1969 and later are equipped with ignition switches which are mounted in the steering column. Removal and installation procedures for these models can be found in Suspension And Steering .