REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
This is a general procedure and applies to all models and types covered by the guide. A few steps may need to be slightly altered to comply with your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the license plate assembly or lens retaining screws (if equipped).
- Pull the assembly or lens and gasket off of the body panel.
- Inspect the assembly gasket for tearing or crumbling. If any such damage is evident, replace the old gasket with a new one upon installation.
Remove the light bulbs as follows:
- Grasp the bulb socket and twist it 1 / 4 turn counterclockwise. Pull the bulb and socket out of the light assembly.
- Grasp the light bulb to be removed and gently pull it out of the socket. Do not twist the bulb while pulling it out of the socket, the bulb may break off in the socket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, make sure that the light bulb contacts are clean and free of corrosion.