REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1 and 2
This is a general procedure and applies to all models covered by the guide. A few steps may need to be slightly altered to comply with your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Open the trunk and remove the bulbs from the rear light assembly as follows:
- Grasp the bulb socket and rotate it 1 / 4 turn counterclockwise. Pull the bulb and socket out of the tail light assembly.
- Grasp the light bulb and gently press it in toward its socket.
- While pressing the bulb in, turn the bulb counterclockwise until the two little knobs on the bulb base clear the channels in the socket.
- Pull the bulb up and out of its socket.
- If desired, the tail light assembly can now be removed. If equipped, remove the rear light assembly bezel retaining screws, then pull the bezel off of the rear light assembly.
- On early models, remove the light assembly mounting screws from the outside.
- On late models, remove the rear tail light assembly retaining nuts, from inside the trunk.
- Pull the lens and gasket off of the rear fender.
- Inspect the lens gasket for tearing or crumbling. If any such damage is evident, replace the old gasket with a new one upon installation.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, make sure that the light bulb contacts are clean and free of corrosion.