REMOVAL & INSTALLATION 1967-70 Models
- Make sure that the wiper motor is in the park position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies from the transmission. On the articulated left arm assemblies, remove the carburetor type clip retaining the pinned arm to the blade arm.
- Remove the plenum chamber air intake grille or screen.
- Loosen the nuts retaining the drive rod ball stud to the crank arm and detach the drive rod from the crank arm.
- Remove the wiper linkage transmission retaining screws. Lower the transmission and drive rod assemblies into the plenum chamber.
- Remove the transmission and linkage from the plenum chamber through the cowl opening.
- Reverse the procedure to install, making sure the wiper blade assemblies are installed in the park position. On recessed wiper arms, this occurs at 3 / 8 in. from the top of the reveal molding.
- Remove the wiper arms and blades. Remove the cowl screen or grille.
- Disconnect the wiring from the wiper motor. Loosen, but do not remove the nuts which attach the transmission drive link to the motor crank arm. Then, disconnect the drive link from the arm.
- Remove the transmission-to-body attaching screws from both the right and left sides of the car.
- Guide the transmissions and linkage out through the cowl opening.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.