REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 8
- Properly discharge and recover the refrigerant using an approved recovery station. Refer to General Information & Maintenance for details regarding system service.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove fitting block (coupled hose assembly) bolt at rear of compressor.
- Remove mounting bracket bolt(s).
- Remove drive belt (route the lower loop behind the crankshaft pulley to gain additional slack if required).
- Remove compressor.
- Drain and measure the oil from the compressor. Replace with the same amount of new oil plus 1 fluid oz. (30ml). Use mineral base 525 viscosity refrigerant oil.
- Use new O-rings lubricated with refrigerant oil.
- Install the compressor.
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the mounting bracket and bolts.
- Install the fitting block bolt at the rear of the compressor.
- Evacuate and recharge system.