REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Properly discharge and recover the refrigerant using an approved recovery station. Refer to General Information & Maintenance for details regarding system service.
- Disconnect coupled hose and liquid line fittings.
- Remove screws retaining the top radiator shield (10 screws on L4 and V6, 8 screws on V8).
- Remove top condenser retaining screws.
- Carefully move (tilt) radiator rearward and lift the condenser out of the radiator support.
- Cap all openings.
- Use new O-rings lubricated with refrigerant oil.
- Add 1 fluid oz. (30 ml) of fresh 525 viscosity refrigerant oil if installing a new condenser or if the oil in the condenser has been drained.
- Install the condenser onto the radiator support.
- Install the top condenser retaining screws.
- Install the screws retaining the top of the radiator shield.
- Connect the coupled hose and liquid line fittings.
- Evacuate and recharge system. Test for proper operation.