REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Properly discharge and recover the refrigerant using an approved recovery station. Refer to General Information & Maintenance for details regarding system service.
- Remove the accumulator.
- Remove the 2 screws and remove the high blower relay terminal
- Remove the upper case screws.
- On some engines it may be necessary to move the wiring harness out of the way and remove the dipstick.
- Disconnect the bottom refrigerant line fitting.
- Remove the upper case and lift the evaporator core out of the case (retain the foam wedge).
- Add 3 fluid oz. (90 ml) of fresh 525 viscosity refrigerant oil if installing a new evaporator or if the oil in the evaporator has been drained.
- Position the evaporator core into place with the foam wedge and install the upper case.
- Use new O-rings lubricated with 525 viscosity oil.
- Connect the bottom refrigerant line fitting.
- Install the dipstick and position the wiring harness to the original place, if applicable.
- Install the high blower relay terminal and secure it with the 2 screws.
- Install the accumulator.
- Evacuate and charge the system. Check for leaks.