REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Disconnect cruise control switch connector at the base of steering column. It may be necessary to remove an under dash panel or trim piece for access.
- Make sure the lever is in the OFF position.
- Pull the lever straight out of the retaining clip within the steering column.
- Attach mechanic's wire or similar to the connector; gently pull the harness through the column, leaving the pull wire in place.
- Attach the mechanic's wire to the connector. Gently pull the harness into place, checking that the harness is completely clear of any moving or movable components such as tilt column, telescoping column, brake pedal linkage, etc.
- Position the lever and push it squarely into the retainer until it snaps in place.
- Remove the mechanics' wire and connect the cruise control harness connector.
- Reinstall any panels or insulation which were removed for access.
- Connect the negative battery terminal.