The engine oil cooler consists of an adapter, bolted to the engine block, to which the oil filter is screwed onto. The adapter has 2 hoses which attach to the oil cooler and the radiator, these hoses are the inlet and return lines.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove the radiator, if the oil cooler is to be repaired or replaced, otherwise remove the engine oil cooler from the radiator as necessary.
- Remove the oil filter.
- Remove the hoses from the oil cooler adapter.
- Unscrew the oil cooler adapter retainer and remove the assembly. Discard the gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Use new gaskets.