See Figures 1 through 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the side rails and retainers.
- Remove the main pillar seals and retainers.
- Remove the No. 1 bow garnish molding and retainer.
- Remove the top from the No. 1 bow by applying heat with a heat gun to the approximately 1 in. (25mm) from the adhesive backed bow.
- Remove the cable screws.
- Remove the headliner from the No. 2 and 3 bows.
It is not necessary to remove the headliner from the No. 1 bow with the top folded enough to allow access to the retainer screws.
- Remove the screws from the underside of the Nos. 2 and 3 top cover retainers.
- Remove the No. 2 and 3 bow top cover from the pockets in the top cover.
- Separate the outer quarter flaps from the main pillar post, once again using the heat gun as necessary to loosen the adhesive.
- Remove the side retention cables.
- Remove screws.
- Remove the elastic stays, folding the top rearward.
- Remove the No. 5 bow seal.
- Remove the black covered rivets from the No. 5 bow using an 1 / 8 in. (3mm) drill bit.
- Remove the top cover from No. 5 bow, using heat as required to loosen the adhesive.
- Remove the convertible top cover from the vehicle.
Use 3M® adhesive No. 8046 or equivalent on cover attaching surfaces where noted.
- Install the cover on the vehicle. Slide the retention cables through the listing pockets and check cable ends for proper locations.
- Square the top to the frame; check for evenness of quarter flap positions to the main pillar rail. Fold the top cover to the windshield header.
- Apply adhesive to the No. 5 bow and top, raise the No. 5 bow to the full vertical position.
Glue1/2of the top cover to the No. 5 bow first, then lower the bow and check for evenness. The length of the material overhanging should be uniform. Repeat the procedure, if necessary. Trim the excess fabric from the No. 5 bow evenly at the seal channel to allow attachment of the seal later.
- Install new 1 / 8 in. (3mm) by 3 / 16 in. (5mm) black aluminum rivets as shown in illustration.
- Lower and latch the tonneau cover and No. 5 bow. Raise the No. 1 bow off the header and install the cable screws.
- Install the No. 5 bow seal.
- Connect the elastic stays inside of No. 5 bow seal-to-link arms. Install the screws.
- Lower the No. 5 bow. Fold the inner quarter flaps inside of main pillar rails. Fold the outer quarter flaps around the outside of the main pillar rails to the forward edge using adhesive on the flaps and rails. Ensure seams are aligned evenly on both rails. Trim excess material.
- Raise No. 5 bow. Raise the tonneau panel and lower No. 5 bow. Slide the No. 2 and 3 bow top cover retainers into listing pockets and align screw holes. Install the screws to the underside of No. 2 and 3 bows.
- Install the headliner to No. 2 and 3 bows.
- Latch the top to the windshield header and pull the top cover straight forward at the seams over the No. 1 bow to desired fullness. While maintaining tension on the top cover over the No. 1 bow, make a pencil mark on the outer surface along the forward edge of the No. 1 bow.
- Unlatch the top from the windshield header and lower the top halfway. Pull the top cover 1 / 4 in. (6mm) past the reference mark over the No. 1 bow and attach it to the No. 1 bow, first attaching cover side flaps. Fold the side flaps around the bow using adhesive on both the cover and bow surfaces. Fold the top cover over the No. 1 bow along the edge and over the cover side flap, once again using adhesive. Lower the top and check for proper tension, if more is needed, repeat the procedure. Trim off excess material.
- Install all moldings, pillar seals, side seals and retainers. Replace dried out, deteriorated or cracked seals to prevent air and water leaks.
- Adjust the top upstops and downstops, as required.
The upstops may be adjusted to obtain proper alignment between the top latch guide pins and the windshield header receivers.
- Lower the top. Loosen the upstop jam nut and turn screw clockwise.
- Raise and latch the top.
- Raise No. 5 bow to the full vertical position.
- Turn the upstops counterclockwise until they contact the linkage.
- Unlatch and lower the top. Tighten the upstop jam nut while holding the upstop from turning.
- Raise the top and inspect the alignment of the top latch guide pins to the header receivers.
The downstops can be adjusted for proper clearance between the main rail and No. 4 bow when the top is lowered completely. The downstops have right angle bends and face outward.
- Raise and latch the top.
- Loosen the downstops nuts and adjust as required.
- Tighten the downstop nuts while holding downstops in position.
- Lower the top and inspect the clearance between the main rail and the No. 4 bow. Also inspect the clearance of the tonneau panel.