The oil in the manual transmission should be checked every 12 months or 15,000 miles.
- Raise the car and support on jackstands as close to level as possible.
- Remove the filler plug from the side of the transmission housing.
- If lubricant begins to trickle out of the hole, there is enough and you need not go any further. Otherwise, carefully insert your finger (watch out for sharp threads) and check to see if the oil is up to the edge of the hole.
- If not, add oil through the hole until the level is at the edge of the hole. Most lubricants come in a plastic squeeze bottle with a nozzle; making additions simple.
- Install and tighten the filler plug.
DRAIN AND REFILL
The fluid in the manual transmission does not require changing. If you do choose to change the transmission fluid, the fluid can be drained out through the lower drain plug hole on the side of the transmission. Fill the transmission with the recommended lubricant to the bottom of the filler plug hole and install the filler plug.