REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
Not all model years and engine applications use hot water valves.
- Drain the coolant.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose at the hot water valve by sliding the tab of the connector past the L-shaped bend in the actuator vacuum tube. Then, slide the hose connector off the tube while continuing to hold the tab back against the connector end.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the valve.
- Install the valve with the vacuum actuator facing up. The heater hoses will hold the valve in position.
- Install the vacuum hose to the actuator.
- Refill the cooling system. Run the engine long enough to purge any trapped air, then add more coolant if necessary.
- Check for leaks.