REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the door window. Remove the door trim panel and detach the inner panel water deflector enough to expose the access hole.
- Disengage the lock cylinder to the lock rod at the cylinder.
If removing the lock cylinder retainer by hand, wear gloves to prevent personal injury.
- With a screwdriver or similar tool, slide the lock cylinder retainer forward until it disengages. The retainer can also be removed by hand by grasping anti-theft shield at the top of the retainer and rotating until disengaged. Remove the lock cylinder from the door.
- Lubricate the cylinder with the proper lubricant.
- Position the cylinder into place and rotate it until the cylinder engages. Install the cylinder retainer.
- Engage the lock cylinder to lock rod at the cylinder.
- Install the inner panel water deflector and door trim panel.