REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the intake manifold plenum.
- Unplug the electrical connection.
- Clean the fuel rail around the cold start valve tube fitting.
- Remove the tube fitting from the fuel rail. Use a backup wrench to prevent it from turning.
- Remove the cold start valve retaining bolt and remove the valve from the intake manifold.
- Use new O-rings and install the valve and bolt.
- Connect the wiring harness.
- Connect the cold start tube at the fuel rail. Use a wrench to prevent it from turning.
- Install the intake manifold plenum.
- Connect the negative battery cable. With the engine OFF and the ignition ON, check for fuel leaks.