REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The fuel meter cover contains the pressure regulator and is only serviced as a complete preset assembly. The fuel pressure regulator is preset and plugged at the factory.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel injector(s).
- Remove the fuel meter cover attaching screws and lockwashers.
- Remove the fuel meter cover.
- Discard the old gaskets and dust seal.
- Install a new dust seal, fuel outlet passage gasket and fuel meter cover gasket.
- Install the fuel meter cover.
- Coat the attaching screws with a thread locking compound and tighten the screws to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm). Install the short screws next to the injectors.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors to the fuel injectors.
- With the engine OFF and the ignition ON, check for fuel leaks.
- Install the air cleaner.