REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On vehicles with manual transmissions, the brake pedal is an integral design with the clutch pedal, necessitating the removal of the clutch pedal before removing the brake pedal.
- Remove the pullback spring from the body or brake pedal support bracket.
- If equipped with a manual transmission, remove the clutch pedal.
- If equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the pedal pivot bolt nut of pivot pin retainer and remove the bolts or pin bushings.
- Disengage the pushrod from the master cylinder, then remove the pedal.
- Clean all parts, and inspect for wear, cracks or any other damage that might impair operation and replace if required.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Make sure the brake pedal is secure and adjusted properly before operating the vehicle.
- Lubricate the pedal pivot bushings and pivot pin, bolt or sleeve with a suitable brake lube.