REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the wiring harness connectors at the side of the distributor cap.
- Remove the distributor cap and lay it aside. For details, please refer to Routine Maintenance of this guide.
- Disconnect the vacuum advance line.
- Scribe a mark on the engine in line with the rotor and note the approximate position of the vacuum advance unit in relation to the engine.
- Remove the distributor holddown clamp and nut.
- Carefully lift the distributor from the engine.
- Installation is the same as for the points-type (1970-74) distributor. Please refer to the procedure located earlier in this section for details.