REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the glass to the full up position and tape it to the door frame with fabric tape.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the remote control bolts and lay the control aside for access.
- Remove the regulator to door panel attaching bolts.
- Disconnect the harness from the regulator.
- Slide the regulator assembly rearward, disengaging the rollers from the sash panel.
A notch is provided in the sash panel to allow disengagement of the forward roller on the window regulator.
- Remove the regulator assembly through the access hole in the door.
Step 9 must be performed when the regulator is removed from the door. The regulator lift arms are under tension from the counterbalance spring and can cause serious injury if the motor is removed without locking the sector gear in position.
- Drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and back plate. DO NOT drill a hole closer than 1 / 2 in. to the edge of the sector gear or back plate. Install a pan head sheet metal tapping screw (No. 10-12 3 / 4 in.) in the drilled hole to lock the sector gear in position.
- Remove the motor to regulator attaching screws and remove the motor from the regulator.
- Prior to installation, lubricate the motor drive gear and regulator sector teeth.
- Install the motor to the regulator. Make sure the motor and sector gear teeth mesh properly before installing the retaining screws.
- Remove the screw locking the sector gear in the fixed position.
- Reposition the motor in the door and install the wiring connector.
- Attach the regulator to the door.