REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the glass to the full up position and tape it to the door frame with fabric tape.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the remote control bolts and lay the control aside for access.
- Remove the regulator to door panel attaching bolts.
- Disconnect the harness from the regulator.
- Slide the regulator assembly rearward, disengaging the rollers from the sash panel.
A notch is provided in the sash panel to allow disengagement of the forward roller on the window regulator.
- Remove the regulator assembly through the access hole in the door.
- Drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and back plate. DO NOT drill a hole closer than 1 / 2 in. to the edge of the sector gear or back plate. Install a pan head sheet metal tapping screw (No. 10-12 3 / 4 in.) in the drilled hole to lock the sector gear in position.
- Remove the motor to regulator attaching screws and remove the motor from the regulator.
- Prior to installation, lubricate the motor drive gear and regulator sector teeth.
- Install the motor to the regulator. Make sure the motor and sector gear teeth mesh properly before installing the retaining screws.
- Remove the screw locking the sector gear in the fixed position.
- Reposition the motor in the door and install the wiring connector.
- Attach the regulator to the door.