REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove the flex hoses from the heater distributor duct under the dashboard.
- Remove the heater control head by removing the attaching screws and pushing the unit back and down.
- Remove the ash tray and the ash tray retainer.
- Remove the electrical connections from the rear of the radio and also the front attaching screws and knobs.
- Remove the mounting screw on the side of the radio chassis. Push the radio back and up before slipping it down and out of the instrument panel.
- To install the radio, reverse the removal procedure.
See Figures 2 through 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the control knobs and bezels from the radio control shafts.
- On the AM radios, remove the support bracket stud nut and its lockwasher.
- On AM/FM radios, remove the support bracket-to-instrument panel screws.
- Lifting the rear edge of the radio, push the radio forward until the control shafts clear the instrument panel then lower the radio far enough so that the electrical connections can be disconnected.
- Remove the power lead, speaker, and antenna wires and then pull out the unit.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.