REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure applies to 1970-72 models only.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jackstands. Position another jack under the control arm.
- Remove the lower shock absorber bolt from its mounting on the lower control arm.
- Remove the upper and lower clamps from the spring by releasing the lower bolt from the lower side of the control arm. The upper bolt is situated in the middle of the spring.
- Lower the jack under the control arm slowly until there is sufficient room to remove the spring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.