REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This procedure applies to 1970-72 models only.
Springs are under considerable tension. Be careful when removing and installing them; they can exert enough force to cause very serious injuries.
- Jack up the vehicle and support it with jackstands. Position another jack under the control arm.
- Remove the lower shock absorber bolt from its mounting on the lower control arm.
- Remove the upper and lower clamps from the spring by releasing the lower bolt from the lower side of the control arm. The upper bolt is situated in the middle of the spring.
Insert a safety chain through the spring and lower control arm to prevent the spring from flying out.
- Lower the jack under the control arm slowly until there is sufficient room to remove the spring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.