REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the feel and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the retainer, then tag and disconnect the spark plug wires from the cap.
- Depress and release the 4 distributor cap-to-housing retainers and lift off the cap assembly.
- Unfasten the 4 coil cover screws, then remove the cover.
- Using a finger or a blunt drift, push the spade terminals up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove all 4 coil screws and lift the coil, coil spring and rubber seal washer out of the cap coil cavity.
- Remove the rotor by pulling it straight up or unfastening the two rotor attaching screws.
- Using a new distributor cap, reverse the above procedures to assemble, being sure to clean and lubricate the rubber seal washer with dielectric lubricant.