REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The switch is on the steering column, behind the instrument panel.
- Lower the steering column, making sure that it is supported.
Extreme care is necessary to prevent damage to the collapsible column.
- Make sure that the switch is in the LOCK position. If the lock cylinder is out, pull the switch rod up to the stop, then go down one detent.
- Remove the two screws and the switch.
- Before installation, make sure the switch is in the LOCK position.
- Install the switch using the original screws.
Use of screws that are too long could prevent the column from collapsing on impact.
- Install the column.