REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Be sure the wipers are in the parked position.
- Remove the wiper arms and blades.
- Remove the plenum chamber grille.
- Disconnect wiper drive rods from crank arm; remove the crank arm nut and arm from motor shaft.
- From under the instrument panel, detach the wiper motor and washer wiring connections. Remove the parking brake assembly if it is in the way.
- Remove the left hand defroster hose. Remove the washer hoses from the pump.
- Remove the motor attaching screws and the motor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
See Figures 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Make sure the wipers are parked.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring harness at the wiper motor and the hoses from the washer pump.
- Reach down through the access hole in the plenum and loosen the wiper drive rod attaching screws. Remove the drive rod from the wiper motor crank arm.
- Remove the wiper motor attaching screws and the motor assembly.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Lubricate the wiper motor crank arm pivot before reinstallation. Failure of the washers to operate or to shut off is often caused by grease or dirt on the electromagnetic contacts. Simply unplug the wire and pull off the plastic cover for access. Likewise, failure of the wipers to park is often caused by grease or dirt on the park switch contacts. The park switch is under the cover behind the pump.