See Figure 1
The design of the switch and valve mounting provides for automatic adjustment when the brake pedal is manually returned to its mechanical stop as follows:
- With brake pedal depressed, insert switch and/or valve assembly into tubular clip until switch body and/or valve assembly seats on the tube clip. Note that audible clicks can be heard as threaded portion of switch and valve are pushed through the clip toward the brake pedal.
- Pull brake pedal fully rearward against pedal stop, until audible click sounds can no longer be heard. Switch and/or valve assembly will be move in tubular clip providing proper adjustment.
- Release brake pedal, then repeat Step 2 to assure that no audible click sounds remain.
Electrical contact should be made when the brake pedal is depressed 1.0-1.24 in. (25-31 mm) from its fully released position.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the clip and the electrical connector from the brake light switch and remove it from the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Reverse procedure to install.